My first Essential Oil Class!!!
My first Natural Solutions class... Ladies and guys it is time to take back control of Our health!
It is time to take care of ourselves so that we will be around for our grandchildren!
My husband and I have decided to live unconventionally!
My first Natural Solutions Oil Class was 6/10/17... It was so much fun!!
Samples of Wild Orange was given to all in attendance!!
Samples were given to those who guessed the correct answer!!
Everyone learned how to use these Beautiful Oils in 3 different ways... Aromatically, Topically and Internally!!
There were giveaways.. Introductory Kit Giveaway... Starting your journey with the basics!!
Diffusing Wild Orange, Peppermint and Lemon... Smells so good!
Wild Orange Oil Uses and Benefits
Possibly one of the most distinct characteristics of Wild Orange essential oil is its powerful scent. The strong, sweet, citrus aroma of Wild Orange makes it useful for purifying the air, promoting and energizing an uplifting environment, or simply creating a pleasant smell in the home. To harness the purifying power and aroma of Wild Orange essential oil, place a few drops on your air filter at home. This will improve your home’s scent while simultaneously purifying the air.
The purifying properties of Wild Orange essential oil are not only useful for cleansing the air, but you can also use the oil to cleanse surfaces around the home. Similar to Lemon essential oil, Wild Orange essential oil can be used to wipe down frequently used surfaces around the home when you want to cleanse and purify them. Not only is Wild Orange helpful for purifying your kitchen table, countertop, or anything your family might use frequently throughout the day, but it can also be useful when cleaning the bathroom. Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
Want to add the delicious taste of Wild Orange to your breakfast? We have the perfect recipes that will add a little zest to any morning when you might be feeling sluggish. If you are a fan of French toast, you will love this recipe for Wild Orange French Toast & Buttermilk Syrup. After experiencing the exciting twist on this classic recipe, you’ll never want to go back to eating plain French toast for breakfast. If you don’t have enough time to make French toast in the morning, you can make these Blueberry Wild Orange Muffins ahead of time and enjoy them all week! With other delicious flavors like cinnamon, blueberry, and coconut, these sweet little morsels will provide a peppy start to your day.
While many people diffuse Wild Orange essential oil to purify the air, this oil can also help uplift mood and increase feelings of energy. At the beginning of a stress-filled day, consider diffusing Wild Orange essential oil to provide a revitalizing aroma that will help get you through any task. If you are feeling a lack of energy in the late afternoon or early evening, you can diffuse Wild Orange to help lift your mood and increase awareness.
Another unique attribute of Wild Orange essential oil is its ability to polish wood furniture—a characteristic commonly found among citrus essential oils. You can easily make your own furniture polish at home by combining olive oil, vinegar, and Wild Orange essential oil into a spray bottle. This concoction will give life to old tables, chairs, or wood floors by getting rid of dust that often makes furniture look dull. Learn how to make this polish by following the instructions in our DIY Furniture Polish blog post.
People love the invigorating, uplifting scent of Wild Orange essential oil. While the scent of Wild Orange can be enjoyed as you diffuse the oil, you can also apply Wild Orange oil topically to take advantage of its energizing properties. For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops of Wild Orange essential oil in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense essential oils. Then, rub the combination on the back of your neck to maintain uplifting feelings. If you want to feel energized first thing in the morning, add a few drops of Wild Orange essential oil to your body wash for an invigorating shower.
Wild Orange oil has the ability to support the immune system when needed most.* During cold weather months, consider adding one or two drops of Wild Orange essential oil to a capsule to help support a healthy immune system.* If you often drink tea, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your favorite tea when you want to support your immune system.* You can also simply add a drop of Wild Orange to a glass of water every day to add flavor and promote overall health.*
Looking for ways to use Wild Orange essential oil topically? The fresh, sweet scent of Wild Orange essential oil makes it a pleasant addition to any homemade beauty products. Try making this DIY Whipped Body Butter the next time you want to add a little extra moisture to your skin. With ingredients like shae butter, coconut oil, Grapefruit essential oil, and Wild Orange essential oil, your skin will be smooth for days after you apply this citrus body butter. After you moisturize your skin, don’t forget to give your lips some TLC with this Orange Creamsicle Lip Balm that uses Wild Orange essential oil to give you a natural lip balm with a delicious flavor.
While Wild Orange essential oil is a scrumptious addition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it is also commonly used in beverages and smoothies. When making a smoothie, the possible combinations of fruit and essential oils are endless! Want a delicious smoothie that uses the sweet flavor of Wild Orange? Take a look at this Wild Tropical Smoothie that combines the lovely flavors of mangos, strawberries, and pineapples with the distinct taste of Wild Orange essential oil. If you want a healthy smoothie to help you start your day on the right foot, check out our Tropical Colada Smoothie with vanilla TrimShake and Wild Orange essential oil. It will have your taste buds jumping for joy!
Peppermint Oils Uses and Benefits
1. Looking for something strong and natural to freshen your breath with? Mix a drop of Peppermint oil with a drop of Lemon essential oil in water, take a sip, and swirl it around in your mouth for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse. One of the key ingredients to this mouth rinse is the menthol found in Peppermint. Menthol has been used for centuries for its ability to cleanse and freshen. When you use a drop of Peppermint oil in your mouth rinse, the menthol is what gives it a fresh and minty kick. This powerful and fresh element is why Peppermint is found in many oral health products today. When using this Peppermint mouth rinse, you will experience a pleasurable, cooling feeling your mouth will love and you will walk away confident, knowing that your breath smells just as good as it feels.
2. Peppermint oil is a culinary wonder and has been used to add a fresh boost to meals in kitchens all across the world. However, Peppermint is not just limited to cooked dishes; it also makes a great addition to any drink or smoothie. Try adding one to two drops of Peppermint essential oil to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist. By adding the flavor of Peppermint oil to your morning smoothie, you can start your day feeling more refreshed than ever. Don’t forget to get creative with your water, too! Add one drop of Peppermint with a cut fruit for a deliciously infused water. Peppermint oil makes a healthy addition to any drink because it helps promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing, and by adding doTERRA Peppermint oil to the drink of your choice, you are encouraging healthy respiratory function in your body* while simultaneously adding a delicious flavor to your drinks.
3. Peppermint can be used aromatically to enliven the senses and promote a feeling of energy. This powerful oil can be extremely beneficial on its own, but when you add the right combination of essential oils to Peppermint, you get a wider variety of beneficial results. Try placing one drop of Peppermint oil in the palm of your hand, add one drop of Wild Orange essential oil and one drop of Frankincense essential oil, and inhale. This simple aromatic recipe is perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. Including Wild Orange and Frankincense in this Peppermint mixture adds to its aromatic benefits. Wild Orange carries a sweet and fresh citrus smell that is used to uplift the mind and body, while Frankincense is valued for its ability to promote feelings of relaxation. By combining these two essential oils with Peppermint’s soothing properties, the blend becomes an aromatic powerhouse that will have you feeling relaxed and energized for the tasks ahead.
4. Sometimes feet just get dried out. It happens, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with it. Try this do-it-yourself Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion and show your feet how much you appreciate them. This is a simple and light lotion that includes natural ingredients like Peppermint and Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oils. After a long day, there are few things better than taking a seat and giving your feet the cooling sensation that this DIY lotion brings. For best results, try applying this lotion generously to your feet and then putting socks on before you go to bed. Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion will not only leave your feet smelling fresh, it will transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream. If you are looking for a way to share the benefits of Peppermint oil with your friends, try making and sharing this DIY Candy Cane Sugar Scrub. This festive sugar scrub helps exfoliate and moisturize the hands, feet, and body, and it makes for a great seasonal gift. Not only will the scrub produce soft and smooth results, but its Peppermint oil base will provide a soothing sensation wherever it is applied.
5. Being outside in the sun can be a great way to uplift your mood, but sometimes too much sun exposure can quickly end your fun. Try this homemade After Sun Soothing Spray to maintain healthy-looking skin after too much sun. This soothing spray is filled with three powerful essential oils that calm and soothe irritated skin. One of the primary oils used in this spray is Peppermint. Peppermint is a perfect after-sun essential oil due to its high content of Menthol. Menthol is an organic substance in peppermint plants that will give your skin that cool and soothing feeling it needs after a hot day outdoors. Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil and Lavender essential oil are two additional ingredients in this DIY that will improve the appearance of skin.
6. Looking for a long-lasting way to smell the sweet and minty aroma of Peppermint oil? Use this simple yet invigorating diffuser blend and enjoy this fresh aroma in your home, office, classroom, gym, or wherever you choose to go. To make this blend, combine 2 drops of Peppermint, 3 drops of Grapefruit, and 2 drops of Sandalwood into a diffuser. Using Peppermint essential oil in your diffuser will produce a cooling, invigorating vapor. Additionally, the grounding and mood-enhancing properties of Sandalwood and the uplifting benefits of Grapefruit will work well with the soothing and relaxing effects of Peppermint to produce an energizing and calming aroma that all will enjoy.
7. Peppermint oil makes a great addition to many dishes, especially treats. Try using this Black Bean Brownie recipe with Peppermint oil and put a nutritious and delicious spin on the traditional chocolate brownie. At first, making a sweet treat with black beans may seem a little off-putting, but don’t worry, black beans have a very mild flavor and are extremely rich, creamy, and full of protein. Once you venture out with this recipe, you won’t want to go back. To create an extra pop of flavor, add a couple drops of Peppermint essential oil for a delightful and refreshing flavor.
8. The soothing components found in Peppermint essential oil make it a desirable oil for massages. Try adding Peppermint to your massage experiences and enjoy the pleasurable cooling feelings it brings to your skin while immersing yourself in its sweet and relaxing aroma. A great massage companion to Peppermint is Lavender. This combination will produce optimal soothing feelings that will add to any massage. You can also try adding Peppermint essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage that will provide the pampering your scalp deserves.
9. Looking for a way to repel bugs and spiders in your house? Luckily, Peppermint oil provides a perfect solution to ward off those creepy crawlers. Many bugs and spiders dislike the potent smell of Peppermint, consequently, Peppermint essential oil is used as a home remedy to repel bugs naturally. Try placing 1–3 drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and position them in the corners of your bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, or wherever you think these unwanted guests might be.
10. If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during long meetings or would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically and aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects of pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware. In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint on your finger tips and then place your fingertips on your temples and rub. This will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.
Lemon Oil Uses and Benefits
Looking for new ways to use Lemon oil? Here are a few topical, aromatic, and internal uses for Lemon oil, along with the top Lemon oil benefits to help you get started:
Add Lemon oil to your water for a refreshing taste or as an alternative to sodas and sugary drinks. When taken internally, Lemon oil can also naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.* You can even add a drop of Lemon oil and sliced fruit to your water for a delicious infused flavor.
Whether you like working on your bike, your car, or projects in the garage, you know the frustration of trying to get black grease off your hands. No matter how hard you scrub with soap, there always seems to be a greasy residue left behind. Give your soap a little extra cleaning power by adding a few drops of Lemon oil to your soap mixture, and give your hands a good scrub.
Have you ever tried using Lemon oil for skin? It turns out, Lemon oil can help exfoliate your skin. When incorporated into your skincare routine, Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy looking glow. To make your own homemade exfoliant scrub, combine 4–5 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil to a small amount of oatmeal and water. As you apply the Lemon oatmeal scrub to your skin, you will feel the cleansing and refreshing properties of Lemon oil working to exfoliate and clean your skin.
When diffused, Lemon oil provides an uplifting environment and promotes a positive mood. Due to the chemical makeup of this oil, it has been shown to help improve mood with an energizing and invigorating aroma. If you want to diffuse Lemon oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice. Diffusing Lemon oil will also help cleanse and purify the air and surfaces in your home. Whether you are trying to eliminate airborne odors, or just like to keep your house smelling fresh, bright, and clean, Lemon is an optimal choice for diffusing—on its own or in a diffuser blend. Looking for a good Lemon oil diffuser blend? Add 2 drops of Lemon, 1 drop of Lime, 1 drop of Lavender, and 1 drop of Rosemary to your diffuser for a “Clean Summer Kitchen” aroma.
The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the perfect oil for maintaining your furniture. Whether your furniture could use a good wipe-down, a new shine, or a just a little TLC, there are several uses for Lemon essential oil when it comes to cleaning and preserving furniture. By adding a few drops of Lemon oil to olive oil, you can create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. When applied to furniture, Lemon oil leaves a clean shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and can replace lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes. When trying this polish on your own homemade furniture, always apply the polish in an inconspicuous spot before applying it to the entire piece. Take a look at our Wood Polish DIY to learn how to make your own. While Lemon can work wonders with wood furniture, it is also useful for maintaining leather furniture. It takes a lot of work and special care to preserve a leather couch or leather chair, but Lemon essential oil takes a lot of the work out of it for you with its preservative properties. Use a Lemon oil soaked cloth to wipe down your leather furniture to help preserve the piece, and prevent leather from splitting.
Are you a fan of lemon-infused desserts? You can add a sweet and zesty punch to your favorite treats and dessert recipes when you add a little Lemon essential oil. When used properly, Lemon oil often adds a sweet, sugary taste to desserts, without the processed sugar or other alternative ingredients. For example, Lemon essential oil makes these Blueberry Lemon Muffins a delectable treat. The bold, bright flavor of Lemon oil makes these Honey Suckers the perfect homemade treat. You can cool off in the heat with this delicious and refreshing Strawberry Citrus Slush with Lemon essential oil. Your favorite lemon-flavored treats are just waiting to be transformed—try your hand at baking with Lemon oil today!
Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. No need to throw out jewelry, silverware, or other household items that have started to tarnish—just put a couple drops of Lemon oil on a cotton ball, and rub on the tarnish to bring back the natural beauty of your metals.
A major benefit of Lemon essential oil is its purifying properties, which makes it the perfect component for homemade cleaning agents. If you are worried about dirt and grime, Lemon essential oil is the perfect solution for cleaning the surfaces of your bathroom and kitchen. Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and use it as a homemade cleaning solution when you wipe down your countertops, baby high chair, bathroom sink, or anything else that needs the purifying power of Lemon. To make the solution even stronger, consider adding a little vinegar. The beauty of a homemade cleaning solution made with Lemon essential oil is that it doesn’t include all the chemicals that store-bought cleaners have. You can rest easy knowing that your cleaning agent won’t pose a threat to you and your family, because it is chemical-free! Want more Lemon oil cleaning ideas? Try this easy and effective glass cleanser.
While Lemon oil holds many cleansing and purifying properties when used topically, it can also be very beneficial when taken internally. When seasonal changes start to bother you, try taking Lemon internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.* Aside from assisting with respiratory discomfort, Lemon oil can also be taken internally to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.* When taking Lemon essential oil internally, dilute one drop on 4 fl. oz. of liquid. As mentioned above, you can also find creative ways to add Lemon to your water. Once you’ve discovered your preferred method for taking Lemon oil internally, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of respiratory assistance and body cleansing.*
Stubborn, sticky residue used to be an annoyance, but with the help of Lemon essential oil, you can get rid of goopy messes without hours of scrubbing or the use of toxic chemicals. Did you peel the price tag off of your new water bottle, only to find a sticky residue left behind? Does your toddler’s fascination with stickers frequently result in an adhesive mess on the bedroom wall? Did your teenager leave behind a big sticky mess after making a PB&J sandwich five hours ago? Normally, these situations would mean a long night of scrubbing for you, with remnants of a sticky mess still left behind. However, adding a little Lemon oil to a rag will help you get rid of these messes (and others like them) in practically no time at all.
Ready to get started with Essential Oil?
I am excited to help you on this Beautiful journey!